Salmon with Sunshine Salsa prepared by Piper
Aerial Silks Coach and Instructor, Piper, prepared Susan Greeley’s MS, RD Salmon with Sunshine Salsa.
“The recipe was VERY easy, and perfect for a healthy summer meal! For the salsa additions, I also put my spin in along with some dehydrated mango for an extra burst of flavor. I made both a salmon and a mahi-mahi preparation which were both DELICIOUS! Thank you for the recipe, it was not only fun to make, but also had a tasty reward at the end!” PIPER-AerialSilks
“This broiled salmon is jazzed up with great flavors from a salsa I “doctored up” with fresh tropical fruits and cucumber. It’s a summertime favorite, and anytime you see fresh pineapple and mango at TJ’s, you can enjoy this dish.” Susan Greeley, MS, RD, author of the cookbook “Lighten Up”, Cooking with Trader Joe’s.
It makes 6 servings and only takes 20 minutes to make.
NUTRITION SNAPSHOT Per Serving: 300 calories, 16g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 24g protein, 16g carbs, 1g fiber, 400mg sodium
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets (or mahi mahi)
- 1 (12oz) jar Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 cup peeled and chopped seedless cucumber (very small chunks)
- 2 Tbsp each chopped fresh mint and basil
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Mix together jar of salsa with pineapple, mango, cucumber, and herbs. Squeeze on lime juice. Set aside or make ahead and let chill.
- Rub and massage salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Broil salmon 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn onto serving plater and cover with salsa. Serve immediately.
Thank you Piper!
Piper began her fitness career with a background in yoga. After teaching for several years, she earned her certification with an aerial yoga (hammock) program for aerial conditioning, and soon discovered and fell in love with aerial silks. Piper spent the next several years in multiple intensive programs, including a fast-track pro program at the world-renowned Circus Warehouse, and has been a professional aerial silks performance artist and instructor for the past ten years. She has taught group classes, private instruction, and workshop intensives at several circus schools. She has also performed all over NYC for large upscale celebrations and was a resident artist in a monthly adult variety cabaret. She has worked with students of all ages, physical capabilities, and comfort levels; and has experience in the restorative field for those with injuries. Piper’s number one priority is safety, and a close second is FUN! Come fly with Piper! –> Piper’s FACEBOOK GROUP <–
EQ’s Instagram: @equalize_fitness